H2O Hair Salon and Spa is seeking a highly motivated Wax Specialist to join our growing spa team. Position can be full or part-time and is commission based. Willing to train the right personality to fit our culture.
• Current NC State Licensure (Esthetician or Cosmetologist) or ability to get licensed upon hiring.
• Previous waxing experience in a esthetics/cosmetology school or salon/spa/med spa/massage therapy business
• Time management skills
• Written and verbal communication and computer skills
• Team player within team environment
• Exceptional customer service
• Self-Motivated, Tenacious, Accountable
• MUST be comfortable waxing all genders as well as trans and non-binary guests.
• Ability to lift 45 lbs.
• Ability to stand up to four hours.
• Ability to fill shift on short notice due to Team illness or emergency.
• Ability to work alternating weekends, or opening shift or closing shift. This is the Beauty Business which caters to client's before/after work/on weekends.
2-years POST high school education
Evidence documented of ongoing career growth and education
Bilingual English Spanish a bonus
Who We Are
H2O Hair Salon and Spa is a young and growing salon company based in beautiful downtown Durham. We offer luxury self-care services in hair, nails, tanning, full body waxing, lash extensions, massages, makeup, and facials. Our staff specializes in the most current techniques and use only the best equipment and products. We are proudly supportive of immigrant and LGBTQ+ communities and speak many languages in our salon company. If you are looking for an open environment to grow and learn, you've come to the right place.